If you’re into indie films and you’re a FiOS TV subscriber, you’re in for a treat. No longer will you have to spend time queuing up at local art houses or tiny theaters and halls to catch indie flicks. Verizon has announced the arrival of Openfilm: access to high-quality independent films on-demand, all in the comfort of your own home.
Users will be able to select from a diverse catalog of HD Openfilm productions available on FiOS VOD (Video On Demand), and new content will be added every month. Openfilm is touted to be the leading digital venue for undiscovered, talented filmmakers to showcase their work. With an advisory board and shareholders list that consists of big names like James Caan, Scott Caan, Robert Duvall and Mark Rydell; you can expect nothing but the best quality of independent films to be shown.
Verizon FiOS TV customers can access Openfilm by just hitting the VOD or On Demand button on their remote controls to bring up the Openfilm catalog. It kicks off with the documentary about a team motorcycling to the Canadian Arctic in the middle of winter: Reconnecting with Canada: The North. Find out more about Openfilm.
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2014-04-07: Verizon To Purchase Cincinnati Bell's Spectrum And Wireless Infrastructure
- 2013-07-22: Verizon FIOS 500Mbps Download Tier Shows Up
- 2013-01-08: Verizon Partners With Motorola For FiOS TV Media Server Capable Of Six Recordings At Once
- 2011-08-23: Verizon Video brings TV shows to your Android devices
- 2011-05-20: Verizon bringing Flex View VOD to non-FiOS customers?
- 2011-01-07: Panasonic and Verizon team up to provide streaming full HD 3D content via FiOS TV