We’ve teased SOCOM 4 a few times before. Twice to be exact. The game officially hits your favorite game store today for $59.99. Traditionalists will likely stick to using a DualShock 3 controller, but I’m challenging hardcore shooter fans to grab a PlayStation Move controller and a Sharp Shooter attachment and go for the full motion control experience. If you have a 3D TV, SOCOM 4 supports 3D too.
As I’ve told you before in my hands-on, using a Move and SS to play SOCOM 4 is not for the faint-hearted. It’s really hardcore stuff, that’ll challenge your brain if you can wrap it around the complex controller scheme that the SS brings. Don’t bring your Wii Remote skills to this battle, it won’t do you any good. If you do, it’ll be like bringing a water pistol to a paintball duel.
Let me know if you’re picking SOCOM 4 up today or will do. I’ll be busy playing through the game over the next few days and will drop off my thoughts soon. Ciao!
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-02-13 Sony Believes PlayStation 3 Still Has A Lot Of Life Left
- 2013-12-16 Minecraft PS3 Edition Release Date Announced To Be December 17
- 2013-12-10 Borderlands 2 On PS3 Available Free For PS Plus Subscribers Today
- 2013-11-25 Atlus Reveals Persona 5 With Winter 2014 Release Date For Japan
- 2013-11-19 Sony Confirms Gran Turismo 6 Supports Microtransactions