We know that the Sony NGP (Next Generation Portable) is extremely suitable for Massive Multiplayer Online titles, and when you check out its video prowess as well as what it is capable of visually, then chances are you will need to pick up your jaw from the floor afterwards. Whispers abound that the NGP will be nearly on par with the PS3 in terms of power, but we do have our doubts. So far, a demonstration video has been released by Trinigy for its “Vision Game Engine” which you can see after the jump, and it does seem to be above average by all means.
To know what the NGP is capable of, it will sport a quad-core CPU that on paper, churns out up to 2GHz of raw processing power, coupled with a 5″ OLED touchscreen display, dual analog sticks, a rear touchpad, a couple of cameras, Wi-Fi and an optional 3G connectivity.
Now, to wait for E3 for an official announcement with all the nitty gritty on the Sony NGP.
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2011-05-30: Sony NGP to be called PlayStation Vita?
- 2011-05-27: Sony NGP might be gimped before release
- 2011-05-12: Konami hard at work on NGP titles
- 2011-05-05: Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3 might see release on 3DS or NGP
- 2011-05-03: Is WipeOut Trinity an NGP game?