Toshiba, probably being buoyed by news that Apple has decided to stick with them instead of sharing the production of small LCD displays for current and future iPhones with Sharp, and to add more joy to those residing in the Land of the Rising Sun, here’s word that Toshiba’s Regza AT300 is yet another unique looking tablet device that will – guess what, arrive in Japan first, of course, with no word on whether it will float its way across the Pacific or not. Guess we will just have to wait it out in the FCC’s annals for some time before someone spots the AT300, or it might, like most of the Japanese handsets out there, never arrive Stateside.
The Toshiba AT300 will be the company’s first Honeycomb-powered tablet, where it will come with 10.1″ of viewing goodness at 1,280 x 800 pixel resolution. Of course, the list of features doesn’t stop there, as you will get USB connectivity, HDMI support and a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera. There is also NVIDIA’s Tegra 2 chipset that makes sure everything runs fine and dandy, even when more demanding applications are installed. Currently slapped with a ¥60,000 sticker price (that translates to around $724, it ought to arrive in Japan before June is over.
- 2014-04-23 Toshiba Canvio AeroMobile Wireless SSD Announced
- 2014-04-17 Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17 Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-16 Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27 Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2011-11-09 Toshiba AT200 tablet delayed until 2012?
- 2011-10-06 Toshiba AT200 tablet hits the FCC
- 2011-10-04 Toshiba Regza AT700 tablet announced
- 2011-09-27 Toshiba unveils Thrive 7" Tablet
- 2011-08-30 Toshiba’s next tablet to be called Excite?