Google certainly does seem to have its strategy for the Android platform all worked out – they are working to bring Android 2.2 right smack into the middle of your living room, thanks to Android TV. Do bear in mind that Android TV is very different from Google TV, where this tiny set top box will show off Android 2.2 Froyo running on your TV thanks to HDMI or component cable. It will run on an Amlogic 1GHz Coretex A9 CPU at its heart, accompanied by 512MB RAM, 2GB of internal memory, an SD memory card slot that lets you cram in another 32GB of storage space, and an USB port that lets you connect an external USB hard drive.
The Android TV intends to be one well connected box, hooking up to the network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet, where it will bring digital TV, Internet TV, a web browser, music/picture player, IM and SMS apps right to your living room. Android Market access is not forgotten, so have a spanking good time with Angry Birds on the big screen, aye?
No idea on when Geniatech of China will release the Android TV box, but since it has passed the FCC’s scrutiny, we hope to hear more about it soon.RELATED
- Swann Quad Starship Might Be Your Own Delivery Drone
- Natural Machines' 3D Printed Pizza Actually Looks Edible
- Google Glass Explorers Offered Chance To Swap With Next Generation Pair
- Tobii Announces EyeX Eye-Tracking Kit For Developers
- AT&T EverThere Launched To Offer Portable Peace Of Mind
- Follow: Android, FCC, Google,
- Seen at: fjallfoss.fcc.gov