If you work in a hazardous area, or live in a place that’s prone to accidents, it’s important you you’re your data backed up – especially if you work with important files. While the cloud is a good alternative for storage, what do you do if you have loads of files that you need to transfer on a daily basis? Uploading a few hundred gigs of data is going to be very time consuming, not to mention bandwidth wasting as well.
And that’s what ioSafe’s SoloPRO is designed to do – keep your data backed up and leave you with a peace of mind. They’ve just announced an upgrade to their SoloPRO external hard drives. In case you didn’t know, ioSafe SoloPRO drives are designed to be tough – really tough. The SoloPRO is fireproof (it can withstand heat up to 1550° F for 30 minutes. It is also waterproof – it can be submerged underwater at 10 feet for 3 days. With 3TB of space, it’s going to take awhile for you to fill it up as well.
The ioSafe SoloPRO has both eSATA and USB3.0 connections for high-speed data transfer. The 3TB variant is now on sale for $499.99, which includes 12 months of data recover service (in the rare event that the drive does get damaged/destroyed/fails) that can be upgraded to 3 years ($49) or 5 years ($99).
- 2014-04-07: Intel 730 SSD Review (480GB)
- 2014-02-14: WD My Cloud Review (2TB Model)
- 2014-01-07: Buffalo MiniStation Air: More Than A Portable Drive
- 2014-01-05: LaCie Unveils New Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2 Hard Drive
- 2014-01-05: Seagate Backup Plus Slim and Backup Plus Fast
- 2011-09-29: LaCie announces the LaPlug
- 2011-09-09: mLogic launches mDock for Mac computers
- 2011-09-02: Apple store accidentally gives customer hard drive with top secret files
- 2011-08-25: 1TB hard drive of pirated content is considered "art"
- 2011-08-16: A-Data SH14 rugged external hard drive