LG has confirmed that their latest smartphone, the Optimus Black (don’t confuse this with the LG Optimus Big that has a dual core processor), will be arriving at the UK some time next week. This handset was first announced at CES earlier this year in January, where LG proudly touted it to be “the world’s thinnest smartphone”, atlhough we are not too sure whether that claim still holds water today. So far, no one knows (except for LG and the carrier(s) themselves, of course) on just which mobile carrier will deliver the LG Optimus Black, but when you check out its specifications, you will definitely be interested.
After all, who would want to turn down a colorful and crisp 4″ NOVA display with 700 nits of brightness, a 5-megapixel camera, a secondary front-facing 2-megapixel camera for video calls, and a 1GHz processor, all crammed into a super slim body? Too bad the LG Optimus Black will ship with Android 2.2 Froyo right out of the box – we would have liked to see Android 2.3 Gingerbread, but at least LG has confirmed that will happen sometime down the road – sooner rather than later please, LG.
Next Story: BlackBerry PlayBook keyboard confirmed
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2011-09-28: Sprint releases LG Marquee video overview
- 2011-09-12: LG Marquee is LG Optimus Black
- 2011-02-03: LG Optimus Black spotted on T-Mobile UK’s website
- 2011-01-30: LG Optimus 2X and Optimus Black up for pre-order at Amazon Germany
- 2011-01-06: LG Optimus Black with 4-inch NOVA display goes official