Microsoft’s top gun, Steve Ballmer gave away some clues at his presentation for the Japan Microsoft Developer Forum that the coming Mango update for the Windows Phone 7 platform will see more than 500 new features – now that’s a whole lot no matter what platform you’re on. One of the confirmed updates (499 more to go at the very least!) is the expanded language update which would empower Japan devices before the year is over. Apart from that, Ballmer also alluded to more details of hardware partners and carriers, which means there could be additional Windows Phone 7 hardware coming your way this coming May 24th.
Whispers on the street has it that up to 9 more new devices could be introduced, with Acer jumping aboard the Windows Phone 7 bandwagon with two new handsets, while Dell has their Wrigley (hopefully it won’t run out of flavor as fast as the chewing gum namesake), while HTC throws their lot into the ring with a couple more devices and Samsung seeing that and raising them by another two.
Mango is tipped to arrive this fall, and Microsoft might just show off prototypes early so that there won’t be any leaks, while achieving the ends of sustaining attention up until the end of summer or early fall.
- 2013-12-10: Xbox One System Update Handles Multiplayer, SmartGlass Issues
- 2013-11-19: PS4 System Software Update 1.51 On Its Way
- 2013-10-25: Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Patch 1.1 Solves Lumiose City Save Bug
- 2013-09-01: Nexus 7 JSS15Q Update Fails To Fix All Touchscreen Issues
- 2013-06-18: PS3 4.45 Update Locks Up Certain Consoles
- 2011-10-19: Windows Phone Mango update available to "nearly everyone"
- 2011-10-04: Samsung owners will have to wait for Mango update
- 2011-10-03: Windows Phone Mango update sent out to 50% of the world
- 2011-10-03: HTC Hub for Windows Phone Mango updated
- 2011-09-27: Windows Phone 7 Mango delivery begins today