The dual-operating system tablet from ViewSonic, the ViewPad 10 has just received an update that brings its outdated Android operating system from 1.5 to a not-so-outdated version 2.2. The tablet that gives users the best of both worlds – a mobile tablet experience with Android and a productive workspace with Windows 7, now has more features on its Android-side of the tablet.
With the Froyo update, users will be able to tether natively, view Flash files, and experience all the optimizations and benefits that come with Android 2.2. ViewSonic has released the update instructions (PDF) on how to update the tablet – it basically consists of loading the update onto a USB drive, and plugging it into the tablet with a USB keyboard as well.
No word on whether a Honeycomb or Gingerbread update will be arriving though it’ll be interesting to see if the Windows 7 OS can be updated to Windows 8 when it arrives. What do you think?
- LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition Tablet Is Now Official
- Leap Motion Gesture Control Could Debut On Smartphones And Tablets Late Next Year
- LG V510 Is A Google Play Edition LG G Pad 8.3 Tablet
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos iOS App Gets Native iPad And Video Upload Support
- Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- Follow: Android, android 2.2, dual-boot, froyo, Tablet, update, viewsonic, windows 7,