The Papier Boy calls the T-65 X-Wing fighter as one of the “most important vehicle in our nation’s history”, and we can’t argue with him since we’re also Star Wars fans. Gush over the X-Wing Fighter Soapbox Derby Car that he actually crafted, after going through the Web to print both pictures and blueprints of X-Wing fighters in order to make the best out of the situation. Originally using his dad’s 2008 car, he stripped it down to the studs, captured a photo and printed it out. Tracing paper over the photo enabled him to flesh out a new design, and he decided to make the car modular so that it can be assembled it on-site before the race (not to mention being a whole lot more easy to transport, of course).
One of the more endearing features of his car was the R2-D2 droid that could spin and create those classic sounds that have entered into the halls of immortality for sci-fi fans, although it would have been even better if he managed to figure out a way to get those S-Foils close and open at the flip of a switch.
What kind of other soapbox derby car designs would you like to see in the future?
Next Story: T-Mobile After Hours Sale
- 2014-03-25: Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2014-02-13: Last Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Season Arrives On Netflix This March 7
- 2014-01-19: Star Wars 1313 Trademark Abandoned By Disney
- 2014-01-15: Use The Force To Discover The Nissan Juke
- 2013-12-17: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Runs On A Free-To-Play Model