Need any more proof about Facebook’s popularity? Well, according to the latest stats by Socialbakers, a Facebook stat tracker, Facebook is hitting the 700 million mark pretty soon. Since its launch in 2004, the service has drawn in an astonishing number of users. Who would’ve thought that 700,000,000 people would be interested in putting up their personal data to share with the whole world?
In terms of countries, the country with the largest number of users is the US, with over 149 million users on the network, while second place is Indonesia with only over 37 million. Third place is the UK with over 29 million users. At this rate Facebook is growing, I believe that it won’t be too long before the world has more Facebook users than non-Facebook users. Do you remember what made you join Facebook in the first place?
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2011-06-13: Facebook continues world domination
- 2011-01-20: 27% of Americans use Facebook in the bathroom
- 2010-03-17: Facebook Beats Google For The First Time