Need a laptop that’s up to military standards when it comes to durability? Getac and Tough Corp have the answer for you. Called the X500, this rugged laptop is designed to meet the demanding requirements of battlefield command positions, military field control centers, and maintenance faciliities for the Asia Pacific region.
The X500 packs a 15.6″ screen, an Intel Calpella i7-620M 2.66HHz processor, and is certified MIL-STD-461F, UL1604, IP65, and MIL-STD 810G. If you didn’t understand what those acronyms mean, don’t worry – it basically means this laptop is as tough as nails. In addition to its ruggedness, the laptop has a sunlight readable touchscreen and high power WiFi (it allows up to 1000m transmission outdoors).
The laptop features NVIDIA’s GT330M graphics card, dual Gigabit LAN, 2x RS232 (BIOS adjustable RS422), 4x USB ports, security features such as a fingerprint scanner, smartcard reader and is Computrace and Anti-Theft ready. No word on pricing, but you can find out more about the X500.
- 2014-03-19 Toshiba 4K Satellite P50t Laptops Set To Arrive
- 2014-01-05 HP G350 G1 Hits The CES 2014 Showfloor
- 2013-12-10 HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10 HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1
- 2013-09-05 Toshiba Satellite NB15T Laptop Unveiled
- 2012-05-31 Dell Latitude E6430 ATG
- 2011-09-20 NEC launches ShieldPRO N22G rugged PC
- 2011-08-10 Panasonic ToughBook S10 Announced
- 2011-06-07 General Dynamics Itronix releases GD8200 rugged notebook
- 2010-12-15 GammaTech D12C convertible notebook is one tough cookie