Now we all know that laptop computers can be used on our laps (hence the name laptop), but most of the time, they end up being too hot to keep on our laps for extended periods of time. In this case, people usually use pillows or clothes to prevent their laps from heating up with the laptop. But this usually makes using the laptop uncomfortable, especially since soft surfaces can be pretty unstable.
Well, Logitech has come up with a solution called the Lapdesk N600. Their Lapdesk products are essentially desks for your laps, letting you use your laptop on your lap without having to worry about burning yourself. In addition to keeping your lap cool, the N600 has a retractable 5″ touchpad with multi-touch navigation. Since it’s at the side of the laptop, it makes using the touchpad more ergonomic (it’ll be like using a mouse by the side of your keyboard instead of the tiny touchpad in the middle of the device).
Since it is multi-touch, it even supports gestures that make use of different numbers of fingers i.e. one for pointing, two for scrolling, and three for flipping pages. All you need to do is plug the Lapdesk N600 into your laptop to keep it functioning. The Logitech Touch Lapdesk N600 costs $69.99 and should be available in the US and Europe sometime soon.
Next Story: CineXPlayer brings 3D movies to the iPad
- 2014-04-09: Logitech K830 Keyboard With Illuminated Keys Announced
- 2014-04-08: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse Revealed
- 2014-04-01: Logitech X100 Mobile Speaker Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba 4K Satellite P50t Laptops Set To Arrive
- 2014-03-04: Logitech Announces New Harmony Smart Keyboard
- 2014-01-27: Logitech ConferenceCam CC3000e Is An Affordable Yet Powerful Video Conferencing Solution