MSI has gotten both of its GX780 and GT780R gaming notebooks ready to ship out, where the two models were designed alongside gaming peripherals manufacturer SteelSeries who have come up with some spiffy designs of their own in the past. Both gaming notebooks will sport the latest NVIDIA GeForce graphics processors, not to mention the second-generation Intel Core i7 processor, merging all of that in a sleek new design that packs quite the processing punch.
Both models are 17.3″ notebooks, so you can be sure that your shoulder is going to ache like nobody’s business if you’re bringing this as your notebook of choice on the showfloor of a particularly large event. They aren’t the lightest models in the market, you know. What’s interesting is the integration of the SteelSeries Full Color Backlit Keyboard that lets you work in the dark, or should we say, game? With a Power 10 key solution, you can have up to 10 keys typing simultaneously without losing a single keystroke.
The 17.3″ High Definition display will also come with an anti-reflective coating, 1920 x 1080 resolution and a 16:9 display ratio that ought to be pleasing for your eyes, making it ideal for long hours USB 3.0 makes it future proof to a certain extent. Expect the new GT780R to retail for $1,749.99 while the GX780 is slightly cheaper at $1,549.99. [Press Release]
- 2014-03-09: MSI GS60 Ghost Pro Gaming Laptop Unveiled At CeBIT
- 2013-12-05: MSI Announces Industry’s First 3K Gaming Notebook
- 2013-09-25: MSI GT70 20K And GT60 20J Mobile Workstations Announced
- 2013-09-20: MSI W20 Windows 8 Tablet Runs On AMD Processor
- 2013-08-05: MSI GS70 Is Thinnest And Lightest 17” Gaming Notebook
- 2011-07-29: MSI GE620DX gaming notebook does quad core with processor
- 2011-05-31: MSI G Series gaming notebooks ready to rock and roll
- 2011-03-25: MSI GX680 offers bigger and better innards
- 2010-12-28: MSI notebooks to make a splash at CES 2011
- 2010-07-25: MSI GT660R arrives in the US