You can’t get any more rugged when it comes to computers and notebooks than with the Panasonic Toughbook C1. The Japanese company has already churned out what they deem to be the world’s lightest 12.1” convertible tablet PC, and with this new update, it will sport a 320GB hard drive for the base model, boasting up to a dozen hours of battery life, 2GB RAM that can be expanded to four times the amount, an Intel Core i5-2520M vPro processor (2.50GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz), and up to 30% faster boot up time compared to its predecessor – that ought to help it give you a boost where productivity is concerned.
Connectivity options are aplenty with the upgraded Toughbook C1, where you will get Bluetooth v2.1, Wi-Fi, and the optional Gobi 2000 3G mobile broadband technology from Qualcomm. Since this device is certified on the AT&T, Sprint and Verizon Wireless 3G networks, it ought to let you remain connected at all times without missing a beat.
It ain’t too heavy either at a mere a 3.28 lbs, thanks to its triple-hinge design which results in an extremely mobile device. Tough enough to withstand drops from approximately 30”, the spill-resistant keyboard also does it part to prevent a heart attack when your nephew knocks over a glass of water while your work is unsaved.
Expect the upgraded Toughbook C1 to arrive in July later this year for $2,599.
- 2014-04-18 One Sky, One Road Project Sees 80 Hour Drive Across Japan Recorded
- 2014-03-24 Panasonic HX-A500 4K Wearable Camera Coming This May
- 2014-03-10 Sony And Panasonic Announce New "Archival Disc" Storage Medium
- 2014-03-09 Panasonic Lumix GH4 Ships This April For $1,700
- 2014-03-09 Panasonic Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 Could Start Shipping Soon
- 2013-12-02 Panasonic Toughbook CF-C2 Battery Life Increases To 14 Hours
- 2013-10-24 Panasonic Toughbook CF-AX3 Announced
- 2012-10-11 Panasonic Toughbook SX2 brings tough to business notebooks
- 2011-11-07 Panasonic ToughPad Android-Powered Rugged Tablet
- 2011-09-15 Panasonic Toughbook Android Tablet Revealed