3D HDTVs are not new, and while manufacturers have rolled them out in considerable number this year, the adoption rate isn’t really that high – at least, not as high as the manufacturers intended in the first place. Even moviegoers do not really find 3D films to be that appealing once the initial wow factor has worn off, as movie studios have admitted to that. Well, for those who want to jump aboard the 3D bandwagon at home can check out the Sony VPL-HW30ES projector.
This special projector will share many features as found in the high end Sony VPL-VW90ES model that rolled out in fall last year for a cool $10,000 thereabouts, although this model will come in a far more pocket friendly package. No idea on pricing or availability as at press time Stateside, but we do know that the Sony VPL-HW30ES projector will be arriving across both ponds – that is, Europe and Japan, for around $4,600 after conversion.
Specifications include a touted 70,000:1 contrast ratio, 1,300 lumens of brightness and picture adjustment settings. It will work with Sony’s active shutter 3D glasses which are newer and lighter. Are you interested?RELATED
- Pentax WG-10 Point And Shoot Camera Announced
- Underwater camera that can tweet photos of swimmers used in London Olympics
- YouTube Allows Publishers to Solicit Donations for Kickstarter and Indiegogo Projects
- LED 720p Mini Video Watch by Thanko
- HTC EVO 4G LTE: First Impressions
- Follow: 3d projector, Sony,
- Seen at: en.akihabaranews