Toshiba has kept to their word, by kicking off today with the pre-order of their very own Thrive tablet device that is powered by the latest Android 3.1 Honeycomb device – definitely something worth looking into, especially since many other tablet manufacturers out there do release tablets that are running on Android 2.3 Gingerbread or Android 3.0 Honeycomb, with future plans of updating the software to the latest version down the road. Back to the Thrive – we are quite confident that the pre-order figures will be encouraging, especially since this 10″ device at 1,280 x 800 resolution will sport the Tegra 2 chipset, a couple of cameras (2-megapixel in front with 5-megapixels at th eback), 1GB RAM, HDMI support, USB 2.0 connectivity, an SD memory card slot, swappable Easy Grip back covers, and a 23WHr battery that ought to last the distance without missing a beat.
Oh yeah, the swappable Easy Grip back covers we mentioned? That also means you can replace the battery when the time to do so arrives. Non-black hues will cost $20 more, where the 8GB Thrive is going for $430 while double the amount of storage space and you have to fork out $480. As for the 32GB model, that will weigh in at $580.
Expect the Thrive to arrive at your doorstep in July. If you don’t have the budget, Toshiba has a promotional site where you could win a unit.
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba 4K Satellite P50t Laptops Set To Arrive
- 2014-02-25: Toshiba Launches TransMemory Pro USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- 2014-02-12: Detachable vs. Clamshell Ultrabooks: What Side Are You On? [Promoted]
- 2011-07-29: Toshiba Thrive update solves sleep issues
- 2011-07-19: Toshiba knows about Thrive bugs, set to squash it
- 2011-07-17: Toshiba Thrive experiences sleep and reboot bugs
- 2011-07-11: Toshiba Thrive software update arrives
- 2011-06-20: Toshiba Regza tablet delayed in Japan