Our friends over at Pocketnow do receive some exclusives from time to time, and this time around, we have the BlackBerry Touch – also known as the BlackBerry Volt by certain quarters. If you’re one who tracks your BlackBerry collection through model numbers, then the BlackBerry 9860 would be just that. The official press shot leak just confirms the impending release of the Touch/Volt, leaving no room for doubters that such smartphones do not exist in the physical realm.
The Touch/Volt and Torch 2 will run on the new BlackBerry OS 7, where they are tipped to make an appearance across a bevy of carriers here in the US. That is certainly a different approach since both smartphones’ predecessors were only exclusive to Ma Bell and Big Red.
To get a better idea of what the Torch 2 delivers, it will cram in a 1.2GHz processor within with VGA resolution, while the Touch/Volt is tipped to come with a similar processor alongside a 3.7″ WVGA display. Time to start saving up for one of these puppies, I guess.
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-04-13: BlackBerry Windermere Concept Case Renders Surface
- 2011-12-05: Touch: formerly PingChat!
- 2011-07-19: BlackBerry Monza appears in Dubai, selling for $1,500
- 2011-04-13: BlackBerry Storm 3 video footage leaked
- 2011-04-07: BlackBerry Bold Touch revealed in photographs
- 2011-03-31: BlackBerry Touch to push touchscreen legacy forward on BlackBerry range