Isn’t technology wonderful when it comes to crime fighting? After all, discovering that no two persons have the same fingerprints around the world was a pivotal discovery when it came to solving crimes, and here is something which might interest the authorities worldwide – an iPhone accessory which is smart enough to identify suspects while looking up a criminal record, helping cops nab suspects in the process.
This accessory will need a picture of the person’s face or iris for identification purposes, so perhaps a disguise might come in handy if you are on the run? The system will be known as Mobile Offender Recognition and Information System (MORIS), where it will be connected to an iPhone which in turn will shoot a photo of the suspect before reviewing the results. The entire unit costs a cool three grand, so outfitting the entire force with MORIS might be out of the question, especially with governments struggling to balance their budget books worldwide.
The facial recognition system is said to be effective from a range of 2 to 5 feet, and will rely on around 130 attributes before making an identification. To help keep things even more accurate (and see past disguises), a fingerprint scanner is located on the back of the device.RELATED
- Lightstrap Turns Your iPhone Into A Flash Ring
- Nokia Lumia 1020 Is The Most Popular Nokia Camera On Flickr
- PanoPal Is An iPhone, Android Accessory That Helps Take Panoramic Shots
- 6tag For Windows Phone Updated, Lets You Hide Instagram Ads
- Google Nexus 5's Camera Compared Against The Nokia Lumia 1020
- Follow: facial recognition, iPhone,
- Seen at: mobileburn