If you live in a hot area and you’re a fan of building your own vehicles, you can’t go wrong with this latest DIY Instructable from Farrukh Khan. Called the Solar powered Reverse Trike, it is a DIY solar powered vehicle that can be completed for about $550. The best part about it is that it uses some pretty easy to obtain parts, though the challenge comes with assembling it by yourself but hey – that’s the fun part about DIY projects right?
It uses a large solar panel as a roof and to keep the trike’s battery which runs the vehicle’s motor. Nothing ground breaking or revolutionary in terms of design, but what it can do it does well. In case you’re wondering why it’s called a reverse trike – you do ride it in an odd fashion. Instead of having the single wheel leading it, in the reverse trike the two wheeled side is leading the car instead (though if you sit on it backwards it would be like riding around backwards). Hit the break to watch a demonstration video (with an odd choice of music but who am I to judge?) and head over to Instructables to find out how to build one for yourself.
- 2014-04-14: Kyocera Installs Solar Cycle Station For Electric Vehicles In Japan
- 2014-04-09: Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-04-08: Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-02: Ecoppia E4 Robots Clean Solar Panels Without Using Water
- 2014-03-17: Solar Power Harvested From Space Beamed Down To Earth
- 2011-12-23: DIY solar panel maker targets Kenya in charity effort
- 2011-10-17: Solar powered cockroach targets kids
- 2011-02-14: The Music Tank runs on solar power
- 2011-01-31: Portable solar charger on the cheap, thanks to UM students
- 2011-01-28: DIY Solar TV Remote project helps you go green from your couch