If you’re one who loves dabbling around with a digital camera for fun, and yet do not want to take the plunge into the world of DSLRs let alone mirrorless technology like the Micro Four Thirds segment, then perhaps your wait for the “perfect” consumer class digital camera is now over with Sony rolling out their new slim and stylish DSC-TX55 Cyber-shot.
Just what can you find inside the DSC-TX55 to make you draw near to it? For starters, how about the “By Pixel Super Resolution” technology that will boost the camera’s zoom range to a virtual 10x without sacrificing on quality at the image sensor’s maximum resolution (16.2 million pixels)? Sounds like a dream, and this is also the inaugural Cyber-shot model that offers a “Picture Effect” mode which will expand a shooter’s artistic possibilities without having to use any further editing software.
Other hardware specifications are pretty much cookie cutter to a certain extent, but the DSC-TX55′s main strength would be its style that is super slim at just 12.2mm, making it the thinnest in its class. Despite the diminutive size, it is capable of capturing Full HD AVCHD video clips as well as 16.2-megapixel stills. You can even capture 3D stills if you want to with but a single shutter press, as a couple of shots will be shot consecutively, where the first image will estimate the depth information so that a 3D still image is created.
Out later this year for $350 in September, this is one camera that might just do well this Christmas for those who are looking for an able first camera.
Next Story: Habey PPC-6512 rugged touchscreen PC
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2011-10-06: Sony A65 camera delayed until this November
- 2011-01-31: Sony DSC-HX100V Cyber-shot has 30X zoom
- 2009-05-28: Sony Cyber-shot W180 And W190
- 2009-08-06: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX1
- 2010-02-18: Sony intros new Cyber-shots