A flying car? Doesn’t that deserve a place in the pantheon of crazy gizmos that we would never be able to see in our lifetime? Perhaps, but chances are quite high that the Britney Spears generation will be able to see one take to the skies – and the road, sometime during this life. After all, the Transition as the vehicle is called, has just received its clearance from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), making it road-worthy.
As for the skies, fret not – Terrafugia’s Transition has already gone through the paces at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for flight, where it is classified under the “light sport aircraft” category.
Basically, the Transition is able to use the same tires it employed when it took off in 2009 for its air and road trials. The Transition is going to cost $200,000 if you want a two-in-one vehicle in your garage.RELATED
- Newsmy Navigation Announces CarPad II Android-Powered DVD Navigation Tool
- Man Willing To Sell A Testicle For A Nissan 370Z
- Nissan Leaf Owner Arrested For Stealing Five Cents Worth Of Electricity
- Honda Gets Deeper iOS Integration With Display Audio
- Spike Away Vest Keeps You Safe From Cramped Commutes
- Follow: flying car,
- Seen at: techland.time