Looking for an Android phone to strap around your wrist? We’re pretty sure you won’t be able to use your current phone as a watch (unless you’re a giant), so how about an Android watch instead? Unveiled last month, the I’m Watch from Blue Sky, is now available for pre-ordering.
Resembling the latest iPod Nano with a wrist band, the I’m Watch comes in a selection of bright colors that are eye catching and will no doubt be a hit with the younger crowd. The watch runs Android 1.6 (aw, no Gingerbread?) on a 1.54″ display. The watch has been designed to run small factor versions of Android apps, so you’ll have access to quite a wide selection of apps, though you can color me surprised if anyone gets Angry Birds up and running on it.
It also connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth which allows you to screen calls, access the internet, send and receive messages and make/answer/reject calls. It comes with 64MB of RAM, and 4GB of internal storage. There’s also a headphone jack for you to listen to music, if you intend to use it as an MP3 player. The I’m Watch is up for pre-order at the I’m Watch website, with prices for the basic model starting at $350 (249 Euro).
- 2014-04-08: Bradley Timepiece Specially Designed For The Blind
- 2014-03-30: Victorinox Announces New Inox Watch
- 2014-03-10: HeadWatch Tells The Time, And Then Some
- 2014-03-06: HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids
- 2014-02-18: Classic Arcade Wristwatch Looks Cool
- 2012-04-25: Z1 Smart Android 2.2 Watch Could be the Smartest Watch Ever
- 2012-01-31: Google watches now available
- 2012-01-22: Sony Xperia ion available for pre-order
- 2012-01-16: Sony Xperia S arriving in the UK in March?
- 2011-10-26: i'm Watch Android watch shown off on video