A while back we reported that there have been discoveries of fake Apple stores in China. These stores copied Apple’s own stores right down to the uniforms and interior design. China then proceeded to shut down some of these stores and recently even more stores got shut down, but it looks like some of these owners got wise and managed to find a way around it by renaming their stores.
The previous stores actually used the name “Apple Store” along with Apple’s logo, and employees working there actually thought they were working for Apple, but now some of these fake Apple stores have renamed themselves and are now calling themselves “Smart Store” instead, although it seems that they are still keeping Apple’s logo.
We can’t be sure if the name changes actually exempt them from being shutdown, but it seems highly unlikely. Perhaps it should be enough to keep them operational (for now) and probably won’t draw a huge attention, unlike the name “Apple Store”.RELATED
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- iPads Still Popular Amongst Enterprise Users
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Study Finds iPhone Most Expensive In Jordan And India
- Follow: china, knock off,
- Seen at: electronista