Unicorns and the 64GB HP TouchPad – what do they have in common? Nothing as of today actually – as the latter is now the real deal, while unicorns remain a myth. HP has decided to stash away 64GB of storage space in the TouchPad – which is good and well, but how many of them do you think they will sell? After all, it isn’t to say that it has been a bestseller all this while.
One thing about the 64GB TouchPad though – it does not look as though it will be made available in the US at the moment (or even in the near future), since it decided to debut on HP France’s TouchPad landing page instead, where it has been advertised as the “The all new HP TouchPad white lacquer 64GB, available soon.”
Apart from the white lacquered finish on this puppy, you get the aforementioned 64GB of internal storage, 802.11a/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity, a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.5GHz dual-core APQ8060 processor, a 1.3-megapixel camera located right at the front, a digital microphone, and a multi-touch LED backlit diagonal display. Retailing for €599 with a 1 to 2 week fortnight shipping timeframe, Europeans are a lucky lot at the moment.
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2011-10-24: HP TouchPad tests Windows 8
- 2011-10-13: Find out how to install CyanogenMod on your TouchPad
- 2011-10-06: HP TouchPad Go clears the FCC, HP gearing for launch?
- 2011-09-30: HP releases more TouchPad promo codes for Splashtop Remote Desktop HD
- 2011-09-28: HP TouchPad on sale for employees – crashes web store