At CES earlier this year, we saw a gamut of stereoscopic 3D HDTVs, and there were even some prototypes of a glasses 3D HDTV strategically placed if you know where to find them. Stereoscopic 3D has not really captured the imagination of the masses, but that has not stopped hardware manufacturers from working on 3D-capable devices such as tablets and even notebooks. LG also wants a piece of the pie with the LG A530, a new premium 3D notebook that will sport a 3D dual webcam that is located right above the 15.6″ Full HD 3D LCD display, allowing you to capture your very own 3D videos and photos, not to mention throwing in a bunch of other innovative features that we will look at in the extended post.
The LG A530 is said to provide “a full, superior 3D experience, with the ability to see, shoot and share via the 3D dual webcam”. This 3D dual webcam makes it a pioneer of sorts in its class, and whatever 3D content that is played from the notebook can be viewed on the rest of LG’s other cutting-edge 3D devices, including smartphones, TVs and monitors.
You can also upload your 3D content onto YouTube, and with LG’s own 3D Space Software, you can go nuts to with this new integrated user interface that makes it a snap to access 3D video, photos, games and movies. Each purchase of the LG A530 will ship with a pair of lightweight 3D glasses and clip-ons, letting you jump straight into the 3D action without missing a beat.
Expect a second-generation Intel Core i7 processor, up to 8GB RAM, an NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M graphics card, an integrated SSD, a high-capacity hard drive, fingerprint access for added security and USB 3.0 connectivity, all housed within a sturdy, Ebony Black case to round off the list of hardware specifications. The LG A530 will hit Europe first, followed by the Middle East and Africa in August before other markets will get their hands on it. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2012-03-19: LG A540-T/D 3D notebook launched
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets
- 2012-01-04: LG P535 and A540 3D notebooks
- 2010-07-19: LG Unveils Its R590 3D Notebook
- 2010-09-27: LG A510 offers stereoscopic 3D in premium notebook format