German website mobiFlip.de claims that O2 in Germany is working on rolling out the Motorola DEFY+ shortly down the road, and we did hear about the DEFY+ hitting American shores via AT&T late last month. Just what will the DEFY+ be? Well, there is nothing concrete available at the moment, but we do know that this will most probably be an updated version of the DEFY that is currently on our shores.
Right now, we are in possession of the knowledge that the DEFY+ will be faster than its predecessor, sporting an updated 1GHz processor compared to the slower 800MHz, while you won’t get Android 2.2 Froyo but rather, Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread right out of the box. Apart from those, everything else about the hardware does seem to be the same, all the way down to the design.
Guess Motorola can’t be bothered to just throw in a new Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for the current DEFY, but instead, decided to drum up interest in a “new” phone called the DEFY+. If that is the case, will the original DEFY get a Gingerbread update down the road? The German website that we mentioned earlier claims that the DEFY+ will sport an estimated price point of €300 as it hits the market in that part of the world sometime in the third week of September.
Next Story: Video game bras show your love for the game
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2011-08-15: Motorola DEFY+ ready to impress this fall
- 2011-07-21: Motorola Defy+ coming to AT&T?
- 2010-10-04: T-Mobile to offer Motorola DEFY, goes live with handset webpage
- 2010-11-01: T-Mobile ushers in holidays with quartet of pocket-friendly Android smartphones
- 2010-12-17: Motorola Working On Two DEFY-like Rugged Phones For Summer 2011