Earlier this week, Razer launched the “PC gaming is not dead” marketing campaign, and promised to announce something groundbreaking today. Well, today has arrived, and as promised, Razer has unveiled its latest product: a super slim, gaming laptop named Blade (Razer Blade, get it?). The company brands it as the “world’s first true gaming laptop” – I wonder what Alienware will have to say about that, but nevertheless judging by its specs a pretty impressive device.
But specs aren’t everything this laptop has. After all, most high-end laptops pack similar hardware. What makes the Blade stand out from the crowd is its specially designed Switchblade User interface lifted from its previous gaming device, the Switchblade. Instead of having regular numpad keys on the right of the keyboard, there are 10 dynamic adaptive tactile keys for easier access of in-game commands, and a dual-mode LCD that can function as an additional display or as an ultra-sensitive, multi-touch panel for gaming on the go.
Besides the Switchblade UI, here are the specs of the laptop: 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 2640M Processor, 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 Memory, 17.3″ LED Backlit Display (1920 x 1080), 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M, built-in HD webcam, 60Wh battery, 320GB 7200rpm SATA HDD, and WiFi b/g/n. 16.81″ (Width) x 10.9″ (Depth) x 0.88″ (Height); 6.97lbs (Weight). The Razer Blade will go on sale in Q4 2011 for $2799.99. Find out more.
- 2014-03-24 Razer Struggling To Get OEMs Onboard With Project Christine
- 2014-03-19 Toshiba 4K Satellite P50t Laptops Set To Arrive
- 2014-03-18 Afrojack Delivers New Music App For Razer Blade Pro
- 2014-03-12 RAZER Blade Laptop Gets QHD Touch Display, New GPU
- 2014-03-06 Razer Unveils Green & Orange Mechanical Keyboard Switches
- 2014-01-05 HP G350 G1 Hits The CES 2014 Showfloor
- 2013-12-10 HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10 HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1
- 2013-09-05 Toshiba Satellite NB15T Laptop Unveiled