Poor T-Mobile. It’s always eating everybody’s dust and today was no different. While AT&T was busy showing off its Attain and Sprint was touting its Epic 4G Touch, T-Mobile’s Galaxy S 2 – the Hercules was only visible under acrylic cases. While no reporters were allowed to physically touch the Hercules, we were allowed photos. Click on to see what we learned about the shy Hercules after the break.
It’s a little hard to do a hands-on, especially when you can’t, well, touch the actual device, but we tried our best. From what we could tell, the Hercules has the same 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus display that the Epic 4G Touch has and the same four button Android array below the screen.
Not sure if the actual dimensions are any different in comparison to the Epic 4G Touch, but we’d imagine it’s closer in size to Sprints model than the AT&T Attain – to accomodate the extra 0.2-inch screen size bump, of course. You can also see that its sides are more “chrome” than the Galaxy S 2 smartphones.
Lastly, while you can’t see it from any of these photos, the underbelly a.k.a. rear of the Hercules is actually smoother than the “ribbed” texture found on the Attain and Epic 4G Touch. Yep, we peeked under there after all the reporters left.
T-Mobile reps were tightlipped to let anybody touch the Hercules because its specs and hardware have yet to be finalized. With launch a few weeks away, we’d wager that any changes will be so minor, it won’t deviate from what was on display today. With that said, we’ll leave you with some specs to drool over.
4.52″, 800×480 Super AMOLED Plus Display
1.2GHz dual-core processor (Samsung Exynos)
8-megapixel Camera with LED flash, HD 1080p video recording
2-megapixel Front Camera
16GB (expandable to 32GB via microSD)
Next Story: Samsung Epic 4G Touch Preview
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2011-09-26: T-Mobile introduces Samsung Galaxy S2
- 2011-09-22: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 almost here?
- 2011-09-13: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 announced
- 2011-08-26: Samsung Galaxy S 2 US variants pictured
- 2011-08-07: Samsung Hercules confirmed for T-Mobile