The 4G LTE upgrade for the Motorola Xoom is finally on its way. The folks over at Droid-L ife managed to get their hands on the instruction emails about the upgrade process that have apparently started appearing in the inbox of business and government Xoom owners. Apparently these two groups will be piloting the program before the upgrade is eventually given to everybody else.
It makes you wonder why they decided to do that since those users obviously use their tablets for work, and if anything goes wrong with the update, they’ll be more affected than say a regular consumer who only uses the tablet to surf the web, play games and read the news? Anyway, the updates are going to start next week for the pilot users, so regular users will have to wait a bit longer.
The instruction email recommends that people back up their devices, since the process will probably wipe the device clean. So for those of you with lots of data stored on the tablet, you better start the backing up process now. Head over to Droid-Life to check out the complete letter which lists out all the details.RELATED
- Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Review
- No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Samsung Rumored To Be Working On 8-inch And 10-inch AMOLED Tablets
- Follow: 4g, Android, lte, Motorola, update, Verizon, xoom,
- Seen at: droid-life