While some of us use our USB flash drives for school and for transferring files within the office, there are probably some users out there who require USB flash drives for other reasons that may involve going through some rough terrain. Perhaps an engineer who has to constantly visit construction sites, scientists doing research in harsh environments and perhaps even the military.
Well the good news for those who require a rugged USB flash drive is that Silicon Power has released a new USB flash drive in their Touch series, the Touch 835. While it does what a USB flash drive is supposed to do, the thing that sets it apart from the rest of the flash drives is that the body of the Touch 835 has gone through a metal sandblasting coating.
What this means is that the company is claiming the flash drive to be dustproof, shockproof and waterproof, which is also thanks to COB (Chip on Board) packaging technology. The Touch 835 will come four sizes – 2GB, 4GB, 8GB and 16GB. Unfortunately no word on pricing or availability.
Next Story: RotoSub comes up with silent cooling fans
- 2014-04-03 Captain America Saves Your Data, Too
- 2014-04-02 USB Type-C Cable Render Spotted
- 2014-03-28 The iMacompanion Adds A USB Port To The Front Of iMacs
- 2014-03-13 dataSTICKIES Concept USB Flash Drive
- 2014-03-10 Aleratec Cruiser Mini Portable Makes Short Work Of USB Flash Drive Duplication
- 2012-04-25 Bulavkus USB flash drive is a prick in a good way
- 2012-04-12 Self-destruct USB stick used by the Secret Service
- 2012-03-13 Folderix Flash Drive
- 2012-03-05 USB AK-47 Assault Rifle flash drive
- 2011-11-30 Crypteks USB protects your data physically and digitally