Most solar-powered devices aren’t exactly the most aesthetically pleasing gadgets around, featuring large ugly black panels that are designed to absorb as much sunlight as possible. Well, an industrial designer named Eric Botzen of Botzen Design thinks this shouldn’t be the case and has designed one of the nicest looking solar-powered chargers we’ve come across.
An upgrade to the Solar Vox, the Solar Vox Ultra is designed like a flower, with a solar panel in the center, and petal-like panels surrounding it. In this case, the petals do more than just look pretty – they effectively channel the sun’s rays to the center of the charger, where it does the energy generating. The charger is small and portable, which makes it convenient to bring around for various purposes.
The Solar Vox Ultra charges devices via its USB port, which makes it useful for all sorts of modern gadgets and phones. Botzen Design is currently seeking angel funding to get this project started, so hopefully it won’t take too long before we get to see it on sale.
- 2014-04-14 Kyocera Installs Solar Cycle Station For Electric Vehicles In Japan
- 2014-04-09 Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-04-08 Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-02 Ecoppia E4 Robots Clean Solar Panels Without Using Water
- 2014-03-17 Solar Power Harvested From Space Beamed Down To Earth
- 2011-10-11 Solio Bolt charges your iPhone with the sun
- 2011-10-04 Quirky Ray charges your gadgets with the sun
- 2010-12-21 Eton Raptor rugged solar charger helps you survive in the wild
- 2009-05-06 MightyMintyBoost Solar-Powered Charger
- 2009-11-17 i.Tech SolarCharger 906 review