The Striiv is a small handheld device that can be attached to your items such as your keys, and it works by keeping track of your movement and motivating you to perform physical activities throughout the day via games, personal goals, and donation opportunities. It comes preloaded with different features to help users in their quest to stay fit.
Some of the features include: Walkathon in Your Pocket: each step you take counts towards a donation to charity. At launch, Striiv is partnering with GlobalGiving but more companies will be added over time. Activity-based games: games that depend on your movement; basically the more you move – the better you do in the games. Daily Challenges and Trophies give you something to look forward to, after all – who doesn’t like unlocking or earning things? and Striiv’s proprietary TruMotion technology that can sense if you’re walking, running, climbing stairs or even hiking.
The Striiv will be go on sale in mid October for $99. Head here to find out more or pre-order one for yourself.
- 2014-04-04 Selfies Considered To Be A Mental Disorder, According To American Psychiatric Association
- 2014-03-24 Apple's Interest In Healthcare Grows With Hiring Of Privacy Counsel
- 2014-02-24 ReSound LiNX Is The First "Made For iPhone" Hearing Aid
- 2014-02-24 The Walk App Makes Exercising Enjoyable By Telling You A Story
- 2014-02-04 Text Messages Used To Encourage Weight Loss
- 2011-09-22 Fleetly app for iOS devices helps you to stay in shape
- 2011-08-10 myTREK Pulse Monitor eliminates the need for a bulky chest strap
- 2011-06-28 Shed Those Pounds While You Work With The Elliptical Machine Office Desk
- 2011-04-07 UFC Personal Trainer puts the fit back into video gaming
- 2011-01-13 Walk off those beers and chocolate bars with special pedometers