As if getting a Kindle at a reduced price wasn’t good enough with Amazon’s Kindle with Special Offers, customers of the eBook reader are in for another treat. Amazon has just announced that customers will soon start receiving special offers from AmazonLocal on their Kindle screensavers when they aren’t reading (I don’t believe Amazon would make deals pop up while you were reading anyway – that would be annoying).
AmazonLocal for Kindle with Special Offers will be available later this year, starting with New York City Kindle customers, and rolling out to the rest of the US eventually. As the name suggests, AmazonLocal will give you deals based on where you’re from, so don’t expect deals that require you to travel out of state. Customers will be able to purchase the deals directly from their Kindle without re-entering any account or credit card information. Once purchased, the deals will appear on the Kindle’s home screen, which users can just show to the merchants to use it. Find out more about AmazonLocal. How many of you are keen on having special offers delivered straight to your Kindles?
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Amazon Smartphone Spotted
- 2011-08-08: Amazon quietly rolls out Kindle social network
- 2011-07-11: Play "videos" on your Kindle with the iPlayer
- 2010-07-01: Amazon Kindle going for $149.99 a day
- 2010-09-09: Best Buy to carry Amazon's Kindle e-reader
- 2010-09-22: Amazon Kindle 3 Gets Hacked & Jailbroken