Earlier we had reported that Japan carrier KDDI had plans to release several phones as part of the Winter lineup, and that the Kyocera Digno ISW11K was one of the devices listed. However, not content with just launching smartphones and feature phones, part of that lineup will also include the ASUS TOUGH ETBW11AA.
The tablet seems to have appeared from nowhere, without warning whatsoever, so perhaps it looks like the tablet may be exclusive to Japan for now, but let’s take a look at what the specs are, shall we? As far as hardware specs are concerned, there’s nothing particularly special about the TOUGH – it will feature a 7” 1280×800 display with a 1GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor under the hood.
It will also be running on Android’s Honeycomb 3.2, and just like the Fujitsu Arrows Z and as the name implies, you can expect the tablet to be rugged. The TOUGH is said to be both water and dust resistant while supporting 4G WiMax networks at the same time. The ASUS TOUGH ETBW11AA is expected to go on sale come this November. No word on pricing or if there are plans to take this tablet global.RELATED
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Starts To Appear On Different Nexus Devices (Unofficial)
- KitKat Devices Feature Android Menu Button By Default
- Additional Nokia Lumia 2020 "Illusionist" Rumors Surface
- Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 410 64-Bit Chipset For $150 Devices
- Microsoft Store 12 Days Of Deals List Leaks Online
- Follow: asus, japan, kddi, rugged,
- Seen at: liliputing