The Japanese certainly have a soft spot for Mickey Mouse and gang, which is why Disney decided the market is ready for yet a slew of new Android-powered smartphones that bear the Disney name. First of all, the DM010SH handset (I can never get used to the model name and numbers) that will run on Android 2.3 Gingerbread is powered by a 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 processor, alongside 512MB RAM, 2GB ROM, a 4″ qHD resolution display that is said to be “3D-capable”, an 8-megapixel camera, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity keeping it company.
As for the DM011SH smartphone, it shares nearly the same specifications save for a smaller 3.4″ LCD display at 854 × 480 resolution, but it compensates for the smaller display with waterproof and dustproof capability. Last but not least would be the DM001 tablet, where we don’t know nuts about it since Disney decided to be all secretive about it.
Out of the two smartphones, which do you think you would jive with best? I suppose those who are younger at heart will find it appealing, but don’t you think the design is a wee bit too kiddy-like? [Press Release]
- 2014-04-01: Nintendo 3DS XL Gets Disney Magical World Edition
- 2014-03-03: Disney And Dish Arrive At A TV Distribution Deal
- 2014-02-25: Disney Movies Anywhere iOS App Offers Easy Access To All Movies
- 2013-12-24: Twitter Co-Founder Jack Dorsey Joins Walt Disney's Board
- 2013-12-05: Zact Teams Up With Disney To Deliver Family-Friendly Smartphone Service