If you believe that supporting the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) is a good cause that you would like to be a part of, and if you so happen to be shopping for a car at the same time, Fiat has unveiled the 500 Pink Edition car, whereby a portion of the sales will be donated to the BCRF.
The 500 Pink Edition is based off Fiat’s 500 Lounge car and will be available in two colors – Argento (silver), Bianco (white). Apart from the difference in name, the car will pretty much the same, with the exception of a dark pink stripe and a pink ribbon adorning the car as pictured above. This is to show support to the BCRF for the good work that they are doing.
The car itself will retail for $22,500 and Fiat has said that they would donate $1,000 for the BCRF for every Fiat 500 Pink Edition sold. There are only 250 units available, which means for those whose (expensive) hobby is collecting limited edition cars, this could be a rather tempting purchase. However since we do not expect people to buy cars simply because they want to support a cause, Fiat has also confirmed that they will be making a minimum contribution of $50,000 should there not be enough buyers.RELATED
- Japanese Firm Launches 'Unimo' Wheelchair That Can Traverse Any Terrain
- Samoan Airline Begins Charging Passengers By Their Body Weight
- Auto Manufacturers Developing Cars With Biometric Sensors
- “Who’s Your Daddy” truck is a mobile paternity test lab
- LED traffic light helps colorblind drivers on the road
- Follow: cars,
- Seen at: worldcarfans