It hasn’t even been a year since the release of the first Motorola Atrix, and it looks like Motorola already has a successor lined up to take its place. The folks over at BGR have just got their hands on some photographs of a phone that is said to be the Atrix 2, as well as some new details about it. According to them, the Atrix 2 will not be an LTE device – but it will pack a dual-core processor (most likely to be a 1.2 or 1.5GHz TI OMAP), an 8-megapixel camera with 1080p HD video capture, Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread and might be released sometime around thanksgiving on AT&T’s network.
Does the Atrix need an upgrade this soon? It doesn’t seem like it, but I guess those of you who were thinking about picking an Atrix anytime in the next few months could hold out for this phone if the rumors indeed turn out to be true. Check out more pictures of the phone at the source link.
Next Story: Diablo 3 closed beta testing begins today
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2011-09-22: Motorola Atrix 2 caught in the wild again
- 2011-03-23: Atrix Review
- 2011-02-09: AT&T defends the Atrix 4G dock pricing
- 2011-01-24: Motorola Atrix 4G laptop dock to cost $150?
- 2011-01-05: Motorola unveils 4 new Android devices at CES 2011