Just to prove a point that not everyone on this planet is waiting for the iPhone 5 which is slated to arrive early next month, here is news that Samsung’s Galaxy S2 has already broken the 10 million mark in terms of global sales. Of course, haters would say that this is because the new Galaxy S2 owners have not given the iPhone a chance, but that’s another story for a different day.
This figure is special since it has doubled up in just 8 weeks – prior to that, the Galaxy S2 sold 5 million units when it was launched in Europe alone, and to see the handset arrive Stateside on Sprint (with AT&T and T-Mobile in the pipeline), you can bet your bottom (and appreciating) dollar that the Galaxy S2 is going to sell much more.
Here’s to the next 5 million, Samsung – good luck and it is interesting to see just how it will pan out in the upcoming battle with the iPhone 5. Are you one of those who is rooting for the Galaxy S2, or are you clearly entrenched in the iPhone camp?
Next Story: LOPES robot legs to help stroke patients
- 2014-04-14: Samsung Galaxy K Could Be Announced On 29th April
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2011-12-12: Samsung sells over 300 million phones this year
- 2011-07-12: Samsung phone runs on Windows Phone Mango
- 2011-07-05: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9103 hits the FCC
- 2011-04-08: Samsung Galaxy S 2 arrives in Korea April 25
- 2011-02-10: Samsung i9100 Galaxy S2 specifications leak out