While Windows 7 is a great operating system on desktop computers, porting it over to the tablet didn’t exactly translate to a great user experience. Buttons and menus that were easy to click with a mouse cursor were sometimes a pain to use with fingers on a touchscreen. Most Windows apps aren’t designed with tablet users in mind, and the lack of functions such as hotkeys meant the use of options that were buried deep within menus in the operating system, overall it just wasn’t a very good experience.
Users have tried to overcome this problem before with customized UIs and widgets, but it requires some work on the consumer’s end to get it up and running. SKYTEK Technology plans to change situation with its recent partnership with EXOPC to bring tablets that are preloaded with touch-centric UI for Windows 7. Launching with the SKYTAB S-series, that Windows 7 tablet will be touch-friendly right out of the box. We’ve covered EXOPC’s tablet UI in the past and it’s one of the most elegant solutions out there to turn Windows 7 into a tablet-friendly OS.
On the hardware side, the SKYTAB S-series will feature a 1.5GHz dual-core Intel Atom N550 processor, a 9.7″ (1024 x 768) capacitive display, 320GB of internal storage, 2GB of DDR3 RAM, HDMI output, 1.3-megapixel front facing camera, mic, WiFi, Bluetooth, Optional 3G, 2 USB ports, microSD card slot, Windows 7 Home Edition and Microsoft Office. It’s not going to run Crysis 2, but you’ll definitely have a better Windows 7 experience on a tablet than other offerings on the market. It is available for pre-order now with a price tag of $699.99. Find out more.
Next Story: Dish Network Blockbuster Movie Pass announced
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06: LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2011-11-21: ExoPC's EXOdesk expected to debut at CES 2012
- 2011-11-09: HP Slate 2 prototype unboxed
- 2011-10-21: OCOSMOS OSC9 tablet up for pre-order
- 2010-08-27: ExoPC Windows 7 Tablet Gets Shipping Date
- 2010-10-13: ExoPC Tablet Launching Under Multiple Names Worldwide