AT&T has certainly gone above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to the number of Android-powered smartphones that they intended to deliver to the masses this year, with the announcement of not one, two or three – but five more handsets. A grand total of 19 Android smartphones would have been introduced by AT&T this year when October 11th rolls around, with the latest 5 models being the Motorola ATRIX 2, Samsung DoubleTime, Samsung Captivate Glide, Pantech Pocket and prepaid AT&T Avail.
This is definitely a whole lot more than the 12 Android devices that AT&T planned to release this year when January 2011 began, and to see the company meet and surpass this goal is certainly pleasing news. We do hope to see more and more Android devices being made available from Ma Bell in time to come. For those who are interested in the hardware specifications of the Motorola ATRIX 2, Samsung Captivate Glide, Samsung DoubleTime, Pantech Pocket and AT&T Avail, you might want to check out the official press release. Check out the video after the jump for more info.
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-03-25: Diving deeper into the HTC One (M8)
- 2013-11-07: AT&T To Install Lookout Security App On All Android Devices
- 2013-10-07: AT&T HTC One Receiving Android 4.3 Update October 8
- 2011-01-14: Telenav 6.2: AT&T Android Now, More Coming Soon
- 2010-06-14: Pantech Ease from AT&T announced