The DeLorean is a cult classic all thanks to the “Back to the Future” movie series, and hence it makes perfect sense to see many people make attempts at converting the DeLorean DMC-12 to an electric car in a DIY setting. Well, we are pleased to announce that you no longer need to roll up your sleeves and get down and dirty, as there is word from the DeLorean Motor Company (DMC) that an official DeLorean electric car is coming your way. This one won’t be able to help you travel through time though, but at least it has a legacy to match.
DMC intends to work with electric car startup Epic EV so that the all-electric DMC-12 is able to enter production by the time 2013 kicks off. Initial findings say that the all-electric DeLorean is capable of hitting a relatively decent top speed of 125 miles per hour, with 260 horses underneath the hood, singing to the tune of $90,000 to 100,000. Pretty expensive, no? I guess that’s the price to pay for style and going green, as the iconic gullwing doors are set to remain.
Next Story: 4-bit maze for the modern kid
- 2013-12-23: Electric Vehicles Predicted To Become More Popular In 2040
- 2013-09-09: Qualcomm In Formula E: Advise And Integrate Technology
- 2013-08-06: Road-Powered Electric Vehicle Network In South Korea Debuts
- 2013-07-01: Generation Solar Powered Electric Vehicle
- 2013-03-04: ELF: Hybrid Solar / Pedal Vehicle by Organic Transit
- 2011-11-04: Kiira EV is first electric car from Uganda
- 2011-10-28: Humanix places airbags on the outside
- 2011-09-30: Nissan mobility concept ready to land in Japan
- 2011-09-29: Morgan and Zytek work on high performance electric vehicle
- 2011-08-04: Electric car battery replacements do not come cheap