With Activision’s Modern Warfare 3 expected to be released on the 8th of November, it seems that there are reports that some of the discs have been stolen from its shipping warehouse in Fresno, California and has already been making its way around the internet as well as being delivered to some users’ homes as pirated discs.
The good news is that whoever stole the disc from the shipping warehouse only managed to get their hands on Disc 2 of the two disc set, which means that users will not be able to play the game as they will require Disc 1. Activision has filed a police report and investigators are going around people’s houses, asking them to delete their pirated copies and to turn any pirated discs over.
Many have complied since it’s preferable to facing legal action and a possible fine, although there have been reports where several users have been required to pay a $5,000 fine for their misdeed. If this sounds familiar, it’s because a similar incident happened with Modern Warfare 2. Let’s hope that this does not become a habit for Activision.
Next Story: MacBook Air clone looks pretty convincing
- 2014-02-21: New Tony Hawk Game Confirmed
- 2014-02-12: Sledgehammer's Call Of Duty's Visuals To Be Huge Improvement Over Ghosts
- 2014-02-06: Call Of Duty Franchise To Get 3 Year Dev Cycle
- 2013-11-25: Activision Claims Crash Bandicoot Has Not Been Sold To Sony
- 2013-11-22: Atari 2600 Action Figures Pays Homage To Activision's Heroes
- 2012-02-29: Modern Warfare 3 content collection #1 arrives on Xbox March 20th
- 2012-02-28: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 first DLC now available for PlayStation 3
- 2012-02-15: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 new DLC arriving next week
- 2012-02-07: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 second DLC announced
- 2012-02-02: Modern Warfare 3 DLC for PS3 Elite members release date revealed