With Activision’s Modern Warfare 3 expected to be released on the 8th of November, it seems that there are reports that some of the discs have been stolen from its shipping warehouse in Fresno, California and has already been making its way around the internet as well as being delivered to some users’ homes as pirated discs.
The good news is that whoever stole the disc from the shipping warehouse only managed to get their hands on Disc 2 of the two disc set, which means that users will not be able to play the game as they will require Disc 1. Activision has filed a police report and investigators are going around people’s houses, asking them to delete their pirated copies and to turn any pirated discs over.
Many have complied since it’s preferable to facing legal action and a possible fine, although there have been reports where several users have been required to pay a $5,000 fine for their misdeed. If this sounds familiar, it’s because a similar incident happened with Modern Warfare 2. Let’s hope that this does not become a habit for Activision.RELATED
- R4iSDHC Gets Updated Website
- 'Waiting In Line 3D' Brings The Boredom Of Waiting In Line To Your Computer
- Super Smash Bros. Adds Zelda: Majora's Mask's Skull Kid As An Assist Trophy
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 Headed To Xbox 360, PS3 June 2014
- Fallout 4 Teaser Website Reveals New Message; Counting Down To Dec. 11
- Follow: activision, call of duty, illegal, modern warfare 3, police,
- Seen at: venturebeat