In the market for a notebook that’s not only thin but apparently foldable? If you are, the good news is that NEC may be putting into production such a notebook in 2013, and here’s the kicker – instead of running on Windows or going the ASUS route with MeeGo as its choice of platform for their portable notebooks, this NEC notebook will instead be running on Android.
Yes, we said Android, and while we know that Google has the Chrome OS designed for netbooks, it looks like NEC has decided to go with Android instead. The device hasn’t been given a name yet, so for now it is being referred to as the MGX (MG standing for Mobile Gear). Based on the specs seen in the prototype, it’s sporting a 7” 1024×600 OLED display, is 8.5” long and 4.3” wide. It also apparently features 10 hours of battery life.
2013 is a long way to go, so hopefully the hardware will undergo some changes along the way. As to their choice of Android, it is unknown as to which version of Android the NEC MGX will be running, and since it will only be available in 2013, who knows which version of Android will be available then.
Next Story: HTC Hub for Windows Phone Mango updated
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2012-05-31: Dell Latitude E6430 ATG
- 2012-03-20: NEC 909e launched in China
- 2012-02-23: NEC reveals three mysterious smartphones to be launched at MWC
- 2012-01-31: NEC MEDIAS N-05D Android smartphone is a mere 6.7mm thin
- 2011-12-02: NEC announced waterproof Medias PP N-01D Android smartphone