There is just something hardy about G-Shock watches that make them desirable to most folks, especially those who lead a rough and tumble lifestyle. Well, apart from being the overall tough bad guy in the world of timepieces, there is another feature which will be incorporated into future G-Shock models now that allows them to connect to your smartphone.
According to NTT DoCoMo, new handsets that will be released early next year, known as the Medias LTE N-04D and Medias PP N-01D, will be able to support the Bluetooth 4.0 LE standard (LE stands for “Low Energy”). With this protocol, it will be able to ‘talk’ to the new GB-6900 G-Shock watch from Casio that obviously also comes with Bluetooth 4.0 LE connectivity, allowing you to synchronize time across your devices. Not only that, your watch can now inform you whether you have an incoming message on your phone, as it beats pulling out your handset to check. This particular timepiece will hit the market first in December for roughly $235 a pop after conversion.
- 2013-08-08 New Casio G-Shock Watches Come With Bluetooth And Other Features
- 2013-03-06 Casio G-Shock Watches Communicate With iPhones
- 2012-12-05 G-Shock Plays Nice With iPhone
- 2012-08-14 Casio has new 30th anniversary G-Shock Red Line models
- 2011-12-30 Casio G-SHOCK GB-6900 arriving in March 2012 (updated)
- 2011-11-15 DoCoMo to Apple: Y U NO GIVE US IPHONE?!
- 2011-11-09 Japanese English real time translation service for phones
- 2011-10-21 DoCoMo F-12C Globetrotter Classic special edition smartphone coming your way
- 2011-10-18 Samsung Nexus Prime announced by NTT DoCoMo in Japan