Register now for one of the last remaining seats (VIP code UBER for discounts)
Commerce is king at The Open Mobile Summit in San Francisco next week, where mCommerce giant John Donahoe CEO eBay is delivering one of the lead Keynotes.
“2011 is the breakthrough year for mobile commerce” says Robin Batt, executive producer of The Open Mobile Summit “Internet giants from Google through eBay and Amazon are competing hard for the top spot in this fast growing market – as retailers embrace the opportunity in droves.”
Some of the hottest competition centres around the battle to control point of sale payments on mobile devices – not missed by organisers who have created the ‘Wallet Wars’ debate featuring Osama Bedier, VP Payments at Google, David Marcus VP Mobile at PayPal plus top execs from Visa and Citibank.
Elsewhere at the conference, retailers The Gap, 7-Eleven, Choice Hotels and HSN share their experiences with coupons, location based services, alerts, in store comparison shopping and tablets in mCommerce and the future of shopping.
“We expect the mcommerce revolution to have a profound impact on the mobile apps market” said Batt “Many app publishers will be looking to enable commerce, over perhaps advertising, to finance their apps. Those that are successful will unleash a new category of enterprise and commerce apps, into a market currently dominated by free to play games.”
This is covered at the conference in the discussion ‘Location, Social, Mobile and the Context in the Cloud’ with Foursquare, SCVNGR, Loopt and Nokia, as well as throughout the co-located Appcelerate event on November 4th.
The 4th annual Open Mobile Summit happens next week, November 2-4, in San Francisco. The conference is almost sold out, with 800 attendees.
Register now if you still hope to attend – you can register here, VIP code UBER for discounts.
Next Story: AT-AT Walker gets 4WD upgrade
- 2014-04-11: DataBeat - Using Data To Ignite Growth
- 2014-04-09: Wearable Wednesday SF: Avoiding Traps When Building Wearable Hardware April 16
- 2014-03-04: French Tech Club, 9-11 March at SXSW in Austin
- 2013-10-18: Open Mobile Summit including Appcelerate, Nov 12-14 - San Francisco
- 2013-10-15: Apple Still Has “A Lot To Cover” This October 22nd
- 2013-05-30: FUTUR EN SEINE - Digital World Festival - Paris June 13-23
- 2013-05-28: The Global WebRTC Ecosystem Event Makes its Inaugural Debut in Atlanta, June 25-27, 2013
- 2013-04-30: Under the Radar: Meet C-Level Execs From Rackspace, BofA, Virgin America and more ($200 off door price promo code)
- 2013-03-13: Structure:Data • March 20 & 21, 2013 • New York, NY