If you’re rocking to an Android-powered smartphone and also love the Opera Mobile browser to bits, then you would be pleased to hear that there is a new update for the app – where Opera Mobile for Android has just been bumped to version 11.5, and it sports a spanking new mobile data monitor. This built-in support allows you to keep track of the amount of mobile data that you have consumed as the browser keeps a running count of traffic. This is perfect for those who are on a limited data plan, but I suspect most of us bite into unlimited data plans already on our devices.
Another function of this feature would be to work as an advert for its server-side compression tool, Opera Turbo. Opera has also “implemented adding bookmarks to Home Screen” that would most probably allow the user the option to send Web links to the Home screen as icons. If you’re interested in the entire bunch of changes, then hit the source link that will lead to Opera Mobile’s blog.
Next Story: Titan supercomputer succeeds Jaguar
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2010-10-14: Opera Mobile For Android To Arrive Within A Month
- 2010-11-09: Opera Mobile 10.1 Public Beta For Android Is Now Live