If Apple’s iPod touch doesn’t do it for you, how about getting your hands on an Android equivalent? You may remember Samsung’s Galaxy WiFi, which is basically Samsung’s answer to Apple’s iPod touch, and is essentially a media player that runs on Android.
The good news is that if you were hoping to get your hands on the device, the 5” version of the device is available now in the UK, while it’s smaller 3.6” sibling is expected to make an appearance in November.
A quick recap for those who may have forgotten or may be unfamiliar with the device: The Samsung Galaxy WiFi comes in two versions – a 5” version and a 3.6” version. The 5” version will feature a 1GHz single-core TI OMAP processor with Samsung’s TouchWiz UI on top of Android’s Gingerbread 2.3.
While there was no mention of the official price in the press release, the 5” Samsung Galaxy WiFi is expected to retail for about 200 ($310). Unfortunately no word on its smaller 3.6” sibling, but we’re guessing that more details will emerge as its launch date approaches, which should be some time in November.RELATED
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Beats Music Streaming Service U.S. Launch Is Next Month
- LG Tone Ultra Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- Razer Kraken Forged Edition Headphones Introduced
- ROCKI WiFi Music System Lets Any Speaker Playback Wirelessly
- Follow: Android, gingerbread, media player, Samsung, uk,
- Seen at: androidcentral