While the whole world stood still for a moment to have their expectations deflated with the announcement of the iPhone 4S, Sharp has quietly announced the Android 2.3 Gingerbread software update for those who own the Galapagos 003SH smartphone in Japan – obviously, those residing in the Land of the Rising Sun might find this bit of news to be of interest, since Softbank Mobile, the provider for the Android-powered smartphone will roll out the update this Friday.
Not only will the 003SH receive the Gingerbread update, so will the Galapagos 005SH when Friday morning rolls around. Some of the improvements that come with the update include automatically re-sending of e-mail, status updates upon receiving mail, the ability to know who missed call you without having to unlock the handset, one-touch call response, and a fisheye lens camera effect among others.
Not only that, there are more home screens available for download. Anyone looking forward to give a new lease of life for your smartphone?RELATED
- Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition Released
- Ubuntu Touch OS Finally Has Its First Smartphone Partner
- Galaxy S5 And Galaxy Note 4 Might Have PLS LCD Displays
- Leap Motion Gesture Control Could Debut On Smartphones And Tablets Late Next Year
- Moto Maker Will Be Launched In Latin America Next Year
- Follow: android 2.3, galapagos, gingerbread, sharp,
- Seen at: plusd.itmedia.co.jp