While the whole world stood still for a moment to have their expectations deflated with the announcement of the iPhone 4S, Sharp has quietly announced the Android 2.3 Gingerbread software update for those who own the Galapagos 003SH smartphone in Japan – obviously, those residing in the Land of the Rising Sun might find this bit of news to be of interest, since Softbank Mobile, the provider for the Android-powered smartphone will roll out the update this Friday.
Not only will the 003SH receive the Gingerbread update, so will the Galapagos 005SH when Friday morning rolls around. Some of the improvements that come with the update include automatically re-sending of e-mail, status updates upon receiving mail, the ability to know who missed call you without having to unlock the handset, one-touch call response, and a fisheye lens camera effect among others.
Not only that, there are more home screens available for download. Anyone looking forward to give a new lease of life for your smartphone?
Next Story: Subaru delivers SiriusXM for 2012 models
- 2013-06-03: Jelly Bean Figures Catch Up With Gingerbread
- 2012-02-01: Samsung Infuse 4G finally receives Gingerbread
- 2012-01-10: Samsung Captivate (finally) gets Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 2011-12-29: Huawei U8800 Ideos X5 gets Gingerbread
- 2011-12-12: More photos of Sony Ericsson's Xperia Arc HD (Nozomi) surface
- 2011-11-27: Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread headed to Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
- 2011-11-25: Sharp Aquos SH-01D will arrive in Japan first, US later
- 2011-11-16: Sharp unveils 7" Galapagos tablet
- 2011-11-14: LG Optimus 3D receives enhanced Android 2.3 Gingerbread update
- 2011-07-15: Sharp Galapagos tablets to receive Android 2.3 Gingerbread update