[CEATEC 2011] I think that we’ve certainly seen our fair share of cool stuff from Japan already – and the action’s not going to stop anytime soon. It seems that Toshiba will be offering a new DVR that sports 5TB of storage space, coming in the form of the DBR-M190 that will reserve half a dozen tuners from all eight packed in for its Time Shift recording that allows you to forward or rewind the current program you’re watching in real time, taking up up to 4TB of storage space in the process.
The DVR lets you record 15 complete days of HD content from six channels, or you can double the amount of time to 30 days albeit at the sacrifice of half the number of channels – you know how the math works. Apart from that, 3D Blu-ray playback is also supported, now how about that?
One of the major drawbacks would be the price point of around $2,600 after conversion from 200,000 yen, and it will be a Japan-only unit for the forseeable future.RELATED
- Pentax WG-10 Point And Shoot Camera Announced
- Underwater camera that can tweet photos of swimmers used in London Olympics
- YouTube Allows Publishers to Solicit Donations for Kickstarter and Indiegogo Projects
- LED 720p Mini Video Watch by Thanko
- HTC EVO 4G LTE: First Impressions
- Follow: CEATEC, ceatec 2011, toshiba, toshiba regza,