[CEATEC 2011] I think that we’ve certainly seen our fair share of cool stuff from Japan already – and the action’s not going to stop anytime soon. It seems that Toshiba will be offering a new DVR that sports 5TB of storage space, coming in the form of the DBR-M190 that will reserve half a dozen tuners from all eight packed in for its Time Shift recording that allows you to forward or rewind the current program you’re watching in real time, taking up up to 4TB of storage space in the process.
The DVR lets you record 15 complete days of HD content from six channels, or you can double the amount of time to 30 days albeit at the sacrifice of half the number of channels – you know how the math works. Apart from that, 3D Blu-ray playback is also supported, now how about that?
One of the major drawbacks would be the price point of around $2,600 after conversion from 200,000 yen, and it will be a Japan-only unit for the forseeable future.
Next Story: Docomo: Population Data for Disaster Preparation
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba 4K Satellite P50t Laptops Set To Arrive
- 2014-02-25: Toshiba Launches TransMemory Pro USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- 2014-02-12: Detachable vs. Clamshell Ultrabooks: What Side Are You On? [Promoted]
- 2013-10-02: Toshiba “TimeOn" REGZA Cloud Service
- 2011-10-04: Toshiba Regza AT700 tablet announced
- 2011-10-04: Toshiba Regza 55X3 naked eye 3D TV is world's first 4K2K model
- 2009-10-05: Toshiba Cell Regza
- 2010-10-06: We tried the Toshiba GL1 glasses-less 3DTV for you: greatness and challenges